Try before you buy: Find the dictionary app you really need – with the free PONS Dictionary Library.
Are you interested in an offline dictionary app but don’t want to spend money after viewing just a small number of screenshots? Why not simply download the free PONS Dictionary Library?
This is where you can test all PONS dictionary apps for Brazilian Portuguese, German as a foreign language, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Greek, Polish, Russian and Turkish in all price categories:
Dictionary apps available in the PONS Dictionary Library (in-app purchase):
Ideal for everyday, travel and leisure use (the most important vocabulary)
100,000–120,000 keywords, phrases & translations
English – Bulgarian, German – English, German – French, German – Italian, German – Spanish, German – Portuguese, German – Russian and other languages
Ideal for everyday, leisure and business use (medium-sized vocabulary)
285,000–295,000 keywords, phrases & translations
German – Bulgarian, German – English, German – French, German – Italian, German – Polish, German – Russian, German – Spanish, German – Turkish, English – Polish, English – Russian and other languages
Ideal for everyday, university, business (large vocabulary)
338.000 – 775.000 keywords, phrases & translations
German – Dutch, German – English, German – French, German – Italian, German – Spanish
Ideal for business (large vocabulary with emphasis on business vocabulary)
571.000 – 800.000 keywords, phrases & translations
German – English, German – French, German – Spanish
Ideal for professional users (the most comprehensive vocabulary collection that PONS has to offer)
685.000 – 930.000 keywords, phrases & translations
German – Bulgarian, German as a foreign language, German – English, German – French, German – Italian, German – Spanish, German – Greek, English – Bulgarian
_ _ _
These are the functions of the apps
• This application provides 100% offline functionality. You do not incur any roaming charges.
• Use HANDWRITING to look up words: write the search term comfortably in the search box with your finger or with a digital stick. Your search term is adopted directly as a suggestion in the search box.
• Look up words with SPEECH RECOGNITION: just say your search enquiry out loud into the device and the word being sought will appear right away as a suggestion in the search box (only for smartphones with Google Voice Search).
• Words that you copy into another application, for example the Internet (sharing, sending via, etc.), are adopted directly in the app’s search box and the suitable dictionary entry is shown.
• Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for.
• Use the full-text search to find examples.
• Search for German, English, Italian, Spanish, French or Russian keywords in any form you like (declined or conjugated).
• Searching within entries is possible and enables long entries to be searched quickly.
• Pronunciation: Listen to numerous keywords spoken by native speakers. (Only for English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian)
_ _ _
Frequently asked questions (unfortunately only in German)
_ _ _
You might like this app as well:
PONS SpellFlash: http://goo.gl/4WhHJs
_ _ _
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services.
|Category||Books & Reference|
|Android||4.0.3 and up|